STEPHEN G. PHILLIPS, MD
BOARD CERTIFICATION AND LICENSURE
Williams College, Williamstown, MA. B.A.
University of Washington, Seattle. Pre-medical studies.
Albert Einstein College of Medicine, New York, NY.
M.D Lenox Hill Hospital, New York, NY.
Internal Medicine Internship.
Albert Einstein College of Medicine and Montefiore Medical Center, New York, NY.
Northern Arizona Eye Clinic, Flagstaff, AZ. Keratorefractive Surgery Fellowship under direction of J. Charles Casebeer, M.D.
Certified by both the National Board of Medical Examiners (1983) and the American Board of Ophthalmology (1988). Currently licensed to practice medicine in the state of Washington.
HOSPITAL AND ACADEMIC APPOINTMENTS
Member of the surgical staff of Swedish Medical Center in Seattle and Highline Community Hospital in Burien. Consulting physician for the Dept. of Family Medicine of the University of Washington School of Medicine, and Swedish Department of Family Medicine, training family practice residents in ophthalmology.
Northwest Lipid Research Center
Chiron Intraoptics sponsored multicenter "Prospective study of radial keratotomy for the correction of myopia and myopia with astigmatism."
Principal Investigator, NIDEK H70 Study of LASIK for hyperopia and hyperopic astigmatism.
- American Academy of Ophthalmology
- American Medical Association
- American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery
- International Society of Refractive Surgery
- Washington State Medical Association
- King County Medical Society
- Washington Academy of Eye Physicians and Surgeons (Past president and recipient of the Distinguished Service Award)
President, Swedish Consultants, a group of independent, specialty-care physicians of the Swedish Medical Center community who work together to promote efficient and excellent medical care.
- Stephen G. Phillips, M.D. is a surgeon who actually had refractive surgery himself!
- Stephen G. Phillips, M.D. performed refractive surgery on a fellow ophthalmologist one week after completing his fellowship, and has taught refractive surgical techniques to hundreds of ophthalmologists in this country and abroad.
- Stephen G. Phillips, M.D. has performed refractive surgery on many physicians, surgeons, dentists, hospital administrators, nurses, opticians, CEO's, attorney's, engineers, architects, professors, teachers, etc.
- Stephen G. Phillips, M.D. donates professional services to charitable organizations.