Lasik Eye Surgery
In addition to a wide range of vision correction treatments, Sound Eye and Laser, in Seattle, Washington, offers premium LASIK eye surgery. LASIK (laser in-situ keratomileusis) is one of our most popular ways to correct vision. LASIK eye surgery involves using a laser to change the curvature of the cornea. LASIK eye surgery is often the treatment of choice for patients in Seattle, Washington. This is due in part to the fact, that LASIK eye surgery has fewer side effects and less complications. Most LASIK eye surgery patients in Seattle, Washington experience significant improvement in their vision the day after LASIK eye surgery. Sound Eye and Laser uses LASIK eye surgery to treat low to high levels of nearsightedness, farsightedness and astigmatism.
LASIK Eye Surgery Clarifications
Sound Eye and Laser practices LASIK eye surgery in Seattle, Washington and each vision
correction situation requires a very specific LASIK technique:
Farsightedness is treated by making the flat cornea steeper and removing tissues from
the outside of the central optical zone of the cornea. This moves the point of focus from
behind the retina to directly on the retina.
Nearsightedness is treated by making the steep cornea flatter and removing tissue
from the center of the cornea. This moves the point of focus from in front of the retina
to directly on the retina.
Astigmatism is treated by making the cornea more spherical, less rounder and oblong. This eliminates multiple focusing points within the eye and creates one point of focus on the retina. Astigmatism can also be treated during farsightedness procedures.
Are you a good candidate for LASIK eye surgery in Seattle, Washington?
- Lasik eye surgery in Seattle, Washington may be a good option for individuals who wish to reduce or eliminate their dependence on contacts or glasses.
- Lasik eye surgery in Seattle, Washington is only available for patients who are over 18 years of age.
- Lasik eye surgery in Seattle, Washington may be a good option for those who have had a stable eye prescription for over a year.
- Lasik eye surgery in Seattle, Washington may not be a viable option for individuals with health issues affecting their eyes.
- Lasik eye surgery in Seattle, Washington is only available to individual who have no signs of Glaucoma or Cataracts.
Videos about anatomy of the cornea and refractive surgery: